Find Your Creative Side at These Denver Art Galleries
After spending some time around town, it doesn’t take long to realize why Denver is an attractive destination for creatives and art enthusiasts. After all, the Denver art galleries are integral in making the “Mile-High City” an eclectic place to visit. Thanks to a diverse population, beautiful scenery, and a centralized national location, Denver is a relatively artsy place, given its size. And unlike sprawling metropolitan areas like New York City, Chicago, and Los Angeles, Denver is easy to navigate and less expensive.
Still, because of the high density of the local art scene, taking a pointed approach to touring the Denver art galleries seems overwhelming. But with this quick guide from Effortless Stay, you’ll be only your way to discovering cool art, from classic to contemporary. And we can’t think of a better place to stay than at one of our Espadin Lohi Lofts.
Discovering the Denver Arts Districts
Before we delve into the numerous Denver art galleries, it’s worth introducing you to some well-known districts. Here is a simple list that will lend itself to your online research.
- 40 West Arts (Lakewood)
- Arts on Belmar
- Art District on Sante Fe
- Golden Triangle Creative District
- River North Art District (RiNo)
- South Pearl Street
- Tennyson Street Cultural District
- Westwood Creative District
10 Must-Visit Denver Art Galleries
OK, now it’s time to start thinking about which art galleries in Denver best align with your tastes. Here is a quick list to help you wade through your options.
- Denver Art Society is a nonprofit co-op where everyone has a chance to view various forms of art. They also offer beginner and intermediate classes to help you hone your creativity.
- Fascination Street Fine Art has an unpretentious atmosphere perfect for casual art lovers who appreciate a range of work, from realistic still life to avant-garde surrealism.
- FooLPRoof contemporary art is brought to you by the celebrated local artist Laura Phelps Rogers. This Denver staple offers an impressive combination of visiting artists and Laura’s personal creations.
- If you’re looking for an exhibit that begs the question, “What is art?” then look no further than RULE Gallery.
- Our list simply wouldn’t be complete without mentioning the Denver Art Museum, one of the largest art museums west of the Mississippi River. You may also want to check out the Museum of Contemporary Art Denver.
- Speaking of museums, the Clyfford Still Museum celebrates the work of one of the first abstract expressionist painters following World War II.
- Millers & Rossi is a one-stop shop for contemporary art, food, and drinks. They have everything from sculptures to photographs as well as some killer cocktails.
- Cherry Creek Art Gallery is a purely Colorado gallery only featuring artists from “Centennial State.”
- Core Art Space is another nonprofit organization that provides artists with somewhere to perfect their craft.
- Black Book Gallery is one of Denver’s most renowned art spaces specializing in contemporary art. This relatively high-class gallery is only open by appointment and features prominent artists like Banksy, Shepard Fairey, and Dan Lam.
Denver Condo Rentals for a Mile-High Art Tour
Now that you have a few Denver art galleries to consider, it’s time to start thinking about places to stay! The Espadín LoHi, Effortless Stay’s curated Denver vacation rental collection in the eclectic Lower Highlands neighborhood, is intentionally designed with comfort, lifestyle, and sustainability in mind. These loft-style accommodations are ideal for anyone looking for an immersive “like a local” experience. To learn more or to make reservations, please visit us online today!